Saturday, July 17, 2010

I Want to Believe that

Girls are like
apples on trees. The best
ones are at the top of the tree.
The boys don't want to reach for
the good ones because they are afraid
of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they
just get the rotten apples from the ground
that aren't as good, but easy. So the apples
at the top think something is wrong with
them, when in reality, they're amazing.
They just have to wait for the right
boy to come along, the one
who's brave enough
to climb
all the way
to the top
of the tree.


I want to believe I'm one of those girls at the top. That - someday - someone will care enough to take that extra step. But most of me knows the more likely truth - I'm already rotten on the ground or turned to vinegar. I wish it didn't matter so much. I wish it didn't hurt so much.

Friend, "God, I'm such a slut. I was making out with my neighbor last night, and I was like... WHAT?!"

Me, "...that's random."

Friend, "I guess. It was pretty innocent, I think we were both just missing people, y'know?"

Me, "..."

Friend, "Oh, _____, you're so pure."

I fucking wish.

4 comments:

if life gives you lemons, don't eat them said...

I want to believe that true. The guys always settle for the easier women they see first.

Ana's Girl said...

Trust me, hunny, that really is true. And you're definitely one of the apples at the top.

fleur said...

I agree with Ana's girl...
and you're intrinsically valuable, don't let boys make you doubt that.

Anonymous said...

I feel like sometimes i have to go against what i believe to keep him (my bf) and then he tells me you dont have to change i like everything about you. but what gets me is that he likes everything about me.but he doesnt love one thing about me.

so i continue changing for him

Post a Comment

 
Header Image by Colorpiano Illustration